Terms of Service
Acceptance of Terms
The Horizon Institute of Investment Management (HIOIM) welcomes you to our service. The Horizon Institute provides the collection of products and services to you subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS), which we may update over time without notice to you. You can always review the latest version of our TOS at this page.
Description of The Horizon Institutes Services
The Horizon Institutes provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, including without limitation various communication tools, forums, online courses, blogs, guides, and personalised content, which may be accessed through various mediums or devices now known or hereafter developed (the “Horizon Services”). You also understand and agree that the Horizon Services may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Horizon to provide the Horizon Services. You also understand and agree that the Horizon Services may include certain communications from The Horizon Institute, such as service announcements, administrative messages or the Horizon newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of the Horizon Institutes membership but you will always be allowed to opt out from receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features and services that augment or enhance the current Horizon Services, including the release of new Horizon Institute products or properties, shall be subjected to this TOS. You understand and agree that the Horizon Services is provided “As-Is” and that The Horizon Institute assumes no responsibility for the timelines, deletion, miss-delivery or failure to store any user communications of personalisation settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Horizon Services, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition to this, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Horizon Services. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Horizon Services, including your content, may involve transmissions over various networks, and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be aware that The Horizon Institute is a service for those over 18, and so some content on this site may contain adult or mature themed content unsuitable for those under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the Horizon Services.
Your Registration Obligations
In consideration of your use of the Horizon Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and of an age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving the Horizon Services under the law of the United Kingdom or other applicable jurisdiction or country. You also agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself where required and to maintain and promptly update registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Horizon Institute has reasonable grounds to suspect that information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or complete, the Horizon Institute has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Horizon Services.
The Horizon Institute Investment Disclaimer
The Horizon Institute is not an investment advisor and is not registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Further, owners, employees, agents or representatives of the Horizon Institute are not acting as investment advisors and might not be registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or the Financial Industry Regulatory.
All persons and entities (including their representatives, agents, and affiliates) contributing to the content on this website are not providing investment or legal advice. Nor are they making recommendations with respect to the advisability of investing in, purchasing or selling securities, nor are they rendering any advice on the basis of the specific investment situation of any particular person or entity. All information on this website is strictly informational and is not to be construed as advocating, promoting or advertising registered or unregistered investments of any kind whatsoever. All of the information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not to be construed as investment or trading advice.
The information provided on this website is provided “as-is” and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. The Horizon Institute is not responsible for the accuracy of any information on this website. The Horizon Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information on this website or on any other website to which this website is linked. Your use of this website is at your own risk. The Horizon Institute is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this website or any website linked to this website, whether from errors or omissions in the content of our website or any other linked websites (e.g. injury resulting from the website being down or from any other use of the website).
Any information that you send to us in an e-mail message is not confidential or privileged, and The Horizon Institute may use any information legally provided to us for any legal purpose.
The Horizon Institute is not compensated in any way by the commission you pay your Broker. Commissions, fees and other costs associated with investing or trading may vary from broker to broker. You should speak with your chosen broker directly about these costs. Be aware that certain trades that may be profitable for some, may not be profitable for you, after taking into account these costs. You should also be aware that, in certain markets, you may not always be able to buy or sell a position at the prices advertised on the Brokers platform. Thus, you may not be able to take advantage of certain trades that you identify.
Member Account, Password & Security
You will create or receive a password and account designation upon completing the Horizon Services registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality or the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify The Horizon Institute of any unauthorised use or access of your password and/or account at the end of each session. The Horizon Institute cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags or other materials (Content), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not The Horizon Institute, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available via the Horizon Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Horizon Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances does The Horizon Institute accept liability in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Horizon Services.
You agree to not use the Horizon Services to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Horizon Institute official, forum leader, customer support representative or teacher, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Horizon Services.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other propriety rights of any party.
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, website links, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other compute code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Horizon Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users ability to engage in real time exchanges.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Horizon Services or servers or networks connected to the Horizon Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Horizon Services, including using any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers and other similar technologies we employ.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, or any rules of any national or other exchange or regulations having the force of law.
- Provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership or material support or resources) to any organisation(s) designated by the United States or United Kingdom governments as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration of Nationality Act.
- Stalk or otherwise harass another and/or collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
- Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Horizon Services in any way not expressly authorised by The Horizon Institute.
- Disrupt or assist in the disruption of any computer used to support the Horizon Services. Attempts to do this may be in violation of criminal and civil laws.
- You agree and acknowledge that The Horizon Institute may or may not pre-screen Content, but that The Horizon Institute and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Horizon Services. Without limited the foregoing, The Horizon Institute and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by The Horizon Institute or submitted to The Horizon Institute, including without limitation information in the Horizon Institute forums and in all other parts of the Horizon Services.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that The Horizon Institute may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonable necessary to a) comply with legal process, b) to enforce the TOS, c) to respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties, d) to respond to your requests for customer service or e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Horizon Institute, its users and the public.
You understand that the Horizon Services and software embodied within the Horizon Services may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to the usage rules set by The Horizon Institute and/or content providers who provide content to the Horizon Services. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Horizon Services. Any unauthorised reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Horizon Services, in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
International Nature of Communications for The Horizon Institute
When you register with The Horizon Institute, you acknowledge that in using the Horizon Services to send electronic communications and data, you will be causing this communications and data to be sent through The Horizon Institutes computer networks, portions of which are located in the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany and elsewhere. As a result of this, and as a result of The Horizon Institutes networks and business practices and the nature of electronic communication and data, even communications which may appear local in nature can result in the transmission of data and communications to a country other than which you reside in, regardless of your physical location at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to this TOS, you acknowledge that use of this service results in data transmissions to various countries.
You expressly agree to indemnify and hold The Horizon Institute and its affiliates, officers, agents, employees and partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Horizon Services, your use of the Horizon Services, your connection to the Horizon Services, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
Modification to The Horizon Institutes Services
The Horizon Institute reserves the right at any time and from time to time to change, modify, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Horizon Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that The Horizon Institute shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Horizon Services (or any part thereof).
Termination of Account
We do accept requests to terminate your account. We reserve the right to terminate accounts by request at our discretion, this should not be considered a right or obligation. The Horizon Institute reserves the right to terminate the accounts at our discretion and for any reason, cause for such terminations may include, but are not limited to, a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, b)requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance or material modification to the Horizon Services (or any part thereof), (d) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (e) extended periods of inactivity, (f) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (g) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Horizon Services. Further, you agree that all terminations, limitations of access and suspensions for cause shall be made in The Horizon Institutes sole discretion and that The Horizon institute shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Horizon Services. Termination of you’re Horizon Institute account includes any or all of the following: (a) removal of access to all or part of the offerings within the Horizon Services, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of all or part of the Horizon Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the Horizon Services and any related product or service is at your own risk. We provide all of our products and services on an AS-IS and AS-AVAILABLE basis. Horizon expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
We do not guarantee that our services will meet your requirements, be un-interupted, timely, secure or error free. Results may not be reliable or accurate.
Any material or Content downloaded is at your own risk, this is accessed at your own discretion and you hereby waive any and all claims and causes of action with respect to any damage you incur from downloading any material or Content.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Horizon Institute or the Horizon Services shall constitute any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
The Horizon Institute takes no responsibility for epileptic seizures or any other medical condition which the Horizon Services may cause to a minority of users.
You expressly understand and agree that The Horizon Institute and its affiliates, employees and agents shall not be liable in any way for PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES resulting from the ability to not access the Horizon Services or any other area relating to The Horizon Institute or its associated Services.